INTRO What is Scrum Agile?
- Breaking down the Manifesto
- Add some Scrum sauce
- Be more productive when emphasis is on developer(s)
REMOTE-SPECIFIC PROCESS Methodology for remote dev
- What challenges does remote development pose when selecting project process methodology?
- Scaling the team/products/scope
- Performance measuring
ADVANTAGES What signifies the advantages with Scrum Agile when working remote?
- Freedom (well, some…)
- ‘Some assembly required’ when spanning many time zones - but very adaptive
- More ‘culturally agnostic’ than many other methodologies
DRAWBACKS What are the pitfalls when working Scrum Agile remote?
- Devs in the driver’s seat - mgmt in backseat
- Not for the faint of heart, new to development
- Nice in principle - requires the discipline IRL
TOOLS Some suggestions and how/why they work
- Project Mgmt
- Issue handling
- Chat, Gists/notes-share, misc
As remote work / digital nomads becomes more of a thing it may be useful to see how to get the most out of it - I like and use scrum agile so the session will focus on why that's a good thing (even if there's drawbacks). After the session hopefully attendees will know more about working remote and in particular why using scrum agile is beneficial